Draftkings UK currently only offer American Football contests on NFL games for UK customer so to add to the constant abbreviations we will now refer to all DraftKings UK American Football contests as DraftKings NFL.
The DraftKings NFL contests are some of the most popular but be wary as there are professional Daily Fantasy Sports players out there who do focus on NFL and other American focused sports.
What are the rules for Draftkings NFL?
Draft Kings offers Daily NFL contests throughout the NFL regular and postseason.
The essential DraftKings NFL rules are listed below, and similar to other traditional Fantasy Sports games, you are required to pick a line up of players (9 for your Draftkings NFL line-up) within a specified budget ($50,000 as per all Draft Kings contests).
DraftKings NFL Essentials:
- You must pick a lineup comprising 9 players prior to the start of the first game designated;
- Your line-up must include players from at least 2 different NFL teams, and representing at least 2 different NFL games;
- The 9 line-up positions are: QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), and DST.
- You can switch any Draftkings NFL player in or out of your lineup up until the start time of the game that player is appearing in;
- You have a maximum budget of $50,000 to create your Draftkings NFL Line-up;
- Your total team score will be made up of the total DraftKings NFL contest scores of the individual 9 players selected;
- You can monitor your position live during the contest simply by logging in to your DraftKings account and clicking on ‘Live’ contests.
How do I score points playing Draftkings NFL?
Draft kings points scoring for Daily Fantasy NFL contests are listed below.
Offensive players will accumulate points as follows:
Passing TD = +4PTs
25 Passing Yards = +1PT (+0.04PT/ per yard is awarded)
300+ Yard Passing Game = +3PTs
Interception = -1PT
10 Rushing Yards = +1PT (+0.1PT per yard is awarded)
Rushing TD = +6PTs
100+ Yard Rushing Game = +3PTs
10 Receiving Yards = +1PT (+0.1PT per yard is awarded)
Reception = +1PT
Receiving TD = +6PTs
100+ Yard Receiving Game = +3PTs
Punt/Kickoff Return for TD = +6PTs
Fumble Lost = -1PT
2 Point Conversion (Pass, Run, or Catch) = +2PTs
Offensive Fumble Recovery TD = +6PTs
Defense/Special Teams will accumulate points as follows:
Sack = +1PT
Interception = +2PTs
Fumble Recovery = +2PTs
Kickoff Return TD = +6PTs
Punt Return TD = +6PTs
Interception Return TD = +6PTs
Fumble Recovery TD = +6PTs
Blocked Punt or FG Return TD = +6PTs
Safety = +2PTs
Blocked Kick = +2PTs
0 Points Allowed = +10PTs
1-6 Points Allowed = +7PTs
7-13 Points Allowed = +4PTs
14-20 Points Allowed = +1PT
21-27 Points Allowed = 0PTs
28-34 Points Allowed = -1PT
35+ Points Allowed = -4PTs
The following scoring plays will result in Points Allowed (PA) by your Defense/Special Teams (DST):
Rushing TDs, Passing TDs, Offensive Fumble Recovery TDs, Punt Return TDs, Kick Return TDs and Blocked Punt TDs
*Note: Points Allowed (PA) only includes points surrendered while DST is on the field – doesn’t include points given up by team’s offense (i.e. points off offensive turnovers). 2 point conversion returns are not included.
Please visit draftkings.co.uk for a full detailed breakdown of all Draftkings NFL rules.