One of the great features that the PlayON Daily Fantasy sports site offers is the ability for users to create their own games to play against friends, colleagues, fellow sports fans or anyone else they wish to challenge! The ability to create your own game is a feature that DraftKings UK, and Fanaments both offer however Mondogoal and FanDuel UK do not currently offer users this option.
To create a PlayON Daily Fantasy Sports game you need to have a registered PlayON account. You can find out more information about PlayON and how to set up an account in our PlayON Fantasy Sports review page.
Creating a PlayON Daily Fantasy Game – Step 1
The first vital step that has to be completed before creating your own fantasy game is to pick your team that you will enter into that game. If you fail to have an eligible team to enter then you will not be able to complete the game creation. After logging into your PlayON account there are two different ways to go about ‘Picking a Team’ as shown in the image below. From the ‘Pick Teams’ page, players can either click on the big rectangular tab in the middle left of the page, or by scrolling down to the ‘Pick Teams’ tab in the left hand menu as highlighted.
In the example we are displaying below we will be creating a PlayON Fantasy Golf Round One game so we need to select a team to enter. After clicking on ‘Pick Team’, we can then select the Sport, the category, and the specific game from the dropdown tabs at the top of the page. In the example below we have selected ‘Golf’, ‘PGA Tour’ and then ‘RD 1 Deutsche Bank’.
After selecting our PlayON Fantasy Golf lineup, we then just have to click ‘Save Team’ as highlighted above, and we have a team to enter into the games we will create. It is also possible to pick teams and create games for PlayON Fantasy Football, PlayON Fantasy Cricket, and PlayON Fantasy Basketball when the matches that the games are based on will be played.
Creating a PlayON Daily Fantasy Game – Step 2
The next step after picking your team is to return to the ‘Dashboard’. From this dashboard page, you can either click on the big rectangular tab in the bottom right of the page, or by scrolling down to the ‘Create a game’ tab in the left hand menu as highlighted.
After clicking to ‘Create a game’, you then will be taken into the ‘Game Setup’ portal. This is where you can customize your game. Once in this section you can again select the Sport, the category, and the specific games from the dropdown tabs at the top of the page.
Further configuration options displayed below are:
- Game Type. This is currently set to ‘Multiplayer
- Opponents. This is where you can select whether you want your game to be ‘Public’ or ‘Private’. Public games will appear in the main lobby whilst private games are only available to friends and people that you invite to play directly. The PlayON Fantasy Golf game we are creating will be a public game.
- Game Name. At this point you can choose to brand your game with the name you want. In this case we are calling the game ‘FantasyFives Freeroll’
- Game Size. Here you can set the number of players that you want to participate in yourgame. You can either select 3, 5, 10, 20, 50 or unlimited players.
- Entry Fee. When creating your game, you can either leave it free to enter, or you can add an entry fee ranging from £1.10 t0 £22.00
- Prize Structure. You can also choose the prize structure and can pick from ‘Winner takes all’, ‘Top 3 Paid’, ‘2 x Multiplier’, ‘3 x Multiplier’, ‘5 x Multiplier’ structures.
Clicking on the continue button after all your options have been selected will then take you to the ‘Game Created’ state as shown below.
Promoting your PlayON Daily Fantasy Game
One of the strongest features that PlayON provide users with is the ability to promote your game to friends and fellow PlayON users. After you receive confirmation of the game being created (see above) you can click on the ‘Invite Friends’ button which will take you to the screen below.
PlayON have provided the tools for users to promote their game via core communication and social media channels. The tools provided allow you to:
- Copy a URL link for the game which can be shared via Email, Text, WhatsApp, or any other multimedia channel meaning friends can access your game in one click after you have provided them with the link.
- Share your link via Facebook. A popup which allows you to login to your facebook account will appear when clicking on the ‘Facebook’ button and after logging in you will have a pre-populated message including a link to the game ready to share with friends or post on your wall
- Share your link via Twitter. Clicking on this button will take you to a new screen which allows you to login to your twitter account, and then to post a pre-populated message including a link to the game to all your Twitter followers.
- Share your link via email. Although you can copy the link at the top of this section and send it to friends via email, by clicking on the ‘Email’ button, PlayON will launch an outlook template with a pre-populated message including a link to your game that can be sent to your friends and email contacts.
- Invite Other PlayON Users. By clicking on this button you can search through all the registered PlayON users and invite any friends or contacts that you wish to join your game.
Your PlayON Fantasy Sport game in the lobby
After you have invited your friends and promoted your PlayON game, you can also check that it is displaying in the lobby if you chose to make your game public. The easiest way to do this is to filter by the entry fee you have chosen and then search for your game description. The PlayON Fantasy Golf game set up in this example is displaying as desired.
As the game creator, you can also click into the game at any time prior to it starting and invite more friends!